Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lost


After having a conversation today with some lovely year twelves about their HSC major works for art, I began to think about how little direction I have in my life. I don't have any long term goals, I don't have any idea what I'm going to do for my 2 (possibly 3) major works, I don't know what I'll be when I leave school, the list goes on.
I'm surrounded everyday by people who know exactly what they want and how to get there, and I stand in the middle of this rush feeling confused and left behind. I'm like the little kid who, when asked what they want to be when they grow up, says "happy". Sweet, but being happy isn't going to get me anywhere.
I often find myself asking other people what I should be when I grow up. The two most common answers are something to do with cooking, or a fashion designer/clothes maker. The problem for me is that I love these two things so much that I don't want that love ruined by having to do them everyday to support myself. I want to do something else, and then come home and make myself a lovely dress and cook risotto.
Why can't I make a living out of being a happy, creative, selfish person?

No comments:

Post a Comment