Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 02 - Your favourite movie


This is proving to be difficult, as I'm not really the sort of person to pick one favourite of everything. But I do have a few special movies that will always have a place in my heart:

Lords of Dogtown - this is the movie that made me fall in love with skating, and skaters and boys with bare chests and long sun-bleached hair. I remember the first time I sat in the cinemas watching it with my dad, just completely captured by the brilliance of this movie and its focus. It is, however, a complete coincidence that I ended up falling in love with a skater. I only found out he was some kind of skateboarding machine after we started seeing each other... needless to say I was quite happy.

Ferris Beuller's Day Off - what can even be said about this movie that comes close to explaining how magnificent it is? Basically, who doesn't wish they had best friends like these. Everything about this movie, from the clothes to the language, the ridiculous situations and hilarious portrayals of high school culture and stereotypes, is just so brilliant. Its just one of those movies that everyone should see, and appreciate to the full extent of one's ability.

Fight Club - no one can deny that this movie is pure genius. I'm not one prone to ridiculous attractions to movie stars, but I have to say that this movie may have resulted in me having a little crush on Brad Pitt. I actually found the movie better than the book, which is more than I can say for nearly every other movie ever produced. I will always be able to sit on the couch and watch this movie endless times in a row, picking up something new each time. It's probably one of the most quoted movies, too. Which for once, I'm okay with.

No comments:

Post a Comment