Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 20 - A hobby of yours


I am one of those people, the ones who are always writing lists. I love writing lists, and if I didn't write lists, then I would actually cease to exist. I think. I write them for everything, and it's quite ridiculous as I'm one of the least organised people in the world, but wow, they make me feel good! They make me not crazy, which is always a good thing. I even have a whole exercise book dedicated to writing lists in, and when I got my job and found out that my boss was a list writer too, I believe there may have been some cream in my jeans.
There's something really really lovely about making all your thoughts go into straight lines and stay still, and to be able to cross them off when you don't need them anymore. Writing lists calms me and helps me to see properly in those moments when there is just so much going on in the world that thoughts become little snowflakes in an impenetrable blizzard.
It's just that, I like lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment